- A multifaceted approach in order to increase shareholder value through acquisition, exploration and technical expertise.
- Prime Peruvian location and properties for copper production due to:
- Favourable mining laws
- Access to infrastructure
- Access to capital and skilled labour
- Mining friendly political environment
- Number one contributor to Peruvian GDP
- Concession properties in one of the world's richest copper districts in the Peruvian Andes Porphyry copper belt.
- Westminster has a proven mining management team for advancing projects.
Westminster Resources is a Latin American focused mining exploration company. The company is in the process of acquiring a 100% interest in a package of highly prospective copper properties in southern Peru. These properties total over 36,000 hectares within the country's prolific coastal copper belt-source of nearly half of Peru's copper production. Prior work has identified both porphyry and IOCG style mineralization. The company also holds a 100% interest in the 18,000-hectare El Cobre property in Sonora State Mexico, prospective for world-class epithermal and copper-gold porphyry systems.
- The country of Peru hosts an extremely active region in the south with private and public companies of all sizes exploring, advancing existing projects, and actively mining.
- Countries from around the world including Canada, Australia, USA, Mexico, Japan, China, Switzerland, and the UK have invested in polymetallic projects in the south of Peru.
- Some of the companies involved in the region include Hudbay, Antofagasta, Anglo America, Freeport McMoRan, Minera Chinalco, Southern Peru Copper Corporation, Xstrata Peru, and Rio Tinto.
- Half of Peru’s total copper production comes from the south of the country.